عنوان مقاله [English]
Identification of effective factors on brand performance is considered as an important issue in strategic marketing decisions. According to the findings, brand motivates brand identity development. Brand identity plays an important role in implementing a brand- oriented strategy and improving business performance. The purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of brand orientation strategy on brand performance with emphasis on the mediation role of brand identity in Tehran's food industry Companies. The research method is descriptive-correlational. The research community was senior managers of Tehran's Food Industry Companies which included 100 people. In this research, random sampling method was used, 168 managers were selected as sample. Data were collected through a standard questionnaire 17 questions from 168 managers in 168 active companies in the food industry that their office is in Tehran province.The validity of the research questionnaire was confirmed by the experts and the reliability of the questionnaires was confirmed by Cronbach's alpha coefficient with a value of 0.924. The conceptual model was designed with five variables and 8 hypotheses. Descriptive statistics were analyzed by SPSS software and SMART-PLS2 software was used to test the hypothes. The results of the research, including path coefficients between variables and the significance of t (β = 0.642 t = 12.514) and spearman's significance level, were 0.000 (less than 0.05) in this relation, which indicates that there is a significant relationship between brand-oriented strategy and brand performance, and the analysis of the intermediary of brand identity in this relation has been confirmed.
Ahmadi, P., Jafarzade Kenari, M., & Bakhshizade, A. (2014). A look at brand identity and its impact on brand loyalty and brand equity (case study: Kaleh Dairy and Meat Products Manufacturing Company), Journal of Business Research, 71: 65-93.
2. Afzali, M. (2015). Investigation of brand identity and its impact on brand loyalty and brand equity (case study: Mehr Bank of Alborz province), under the guidance of Dr. Fateme Eidi.
3. Bahmani, M. (2017). Investigating the impact of branding on brand performance considering the intermediary role of market orientation and entrepreneurial approach (case study: managers of firms based in shiraz industrial city).
4. Bridson, K., & Evans, J. (2004). The secret to a fashion advantage is brand orientation. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 32(8): 403-411.
5. Coleman, D.A. (2010). Service brand identity: definition, measurement, dimensionality and influence on brand performance. (PhD thesis). University of Birmingham Research Archive.
6. Craig, J.B., Dibrell, C., & Davis, P.S. (2008). Leveraging family-based brand identity to enhance firm competitiveness and performance in family businesses, Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 46 No. 3, pp. 351-371.
7. De Chernatony, L., & Segal-Horn, S. (2003). The criteria for successful services brands. European Journal of Marketing, 37(7/8): 1095-1118.
8. Hoseini, S. M. (2016). Explaining the effect of brand identity identification on selected business performance factors ( case study : shiraz private banks), master of science degree in business management( financial orientation), Marvdasht azad university, under the guidance of Dr. Iman Jokar.
9. Kalle J., Tette N., & Jesper, S. (2018). Developing corporate brand identity, developing insights on branding in the b2b context, pp 19-51.
10. Kapferer, J-N. (2008). The new strategic brand management: creating and sustaining brand equity long term 4th ed., Kogan Page, London.
11. Keller, K. L. (2007). Strategic brand management: building, measuring and managing brand equity (3rd Ed.). Pearson Higher Ed USA.
12. Keller. L. K. (2008). strategic brand management building measuring and managing brand equity.
13. Kotler, P. (2003). Marketing management. new jersey: Prentice Hall.
14. Jones, R. (2005). Finding sources of brand value: Developing a stakeholder model of brand equity, Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 13, 1: 10-33.
15. Mousaviyabr, M. (2016). The impact of national bank brand identity on brand performance and employee satisfaction through employee engagement mediation, master thesis in business management, Tehran azad university branch, under the guidance of Dr. Jamshid edalatiyan shahriari.
16. Raggio, R. D., & Leone, R. P. (2007). The theoretical separation of brand equity and brand value: Managerial implications for strategic planning, Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 14, 5: 380–395.
17. Temporal, P. (2010). Advanced brand management: managing brands in a changing world, John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte. Ltd, vol.1. 47-56.
18. Timo Muhonen Saku Hirvonen Tommi Laukkanen. (2017). SME Brand identity: Its components, and performance effects, Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 26 Iss 1: 1-54.
19. Urde, M., & Greyser, S. A. (2015). The nobel prize: the identity of a corporate heritage brand, Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 24. 4: 318-332.
20. Urde, M. (1999). Brand orientation: a mindset for building brands into strategic resources. Journal of marketing management, 15(1-3): 117-133.
21. Wong, H. Y., & Merrilees, B. (2008). The performance benefits of being brand-orientated. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 17(6): 372-383.