عنوان مقاله [English]
Developing strategy for companies needs to understand their external and internal conditions. The internal condition stems from the culture of the company because the conditions of the company determines which strategy should be selected. Sometimes the companies select the strategy which forces employees to change their habits and behaviors. In other words the strategy may necessitate some changes in the corporate culture. Conversely, sometimes the culture of the company affects its type of strategy. This research investigates the relations between strategy and the culture of the companies investing in the construction industry. The statistical population of the research includes the managers of the investing companies in construction industry. The research is a quantitative survey and its data is collected by questionnaire asked from 89 samples. The results show that corporate strategy is mutually related with its culture. Also each type of culture forces the company to select a special kind of strategy. In contrary, if the type of strategy is from special type of Snow-Miles typology, it makes a different type of culture in the companies’ atmosphere and it affects the cultural conditions of the company. It is the first time that a research is being done in Iranian investing companies in construction industry in the field of strategic and cultural management. This is a contribution of this research that makes it valuable for managers in the investing companies of construction industry.
1. الوانی، سید مهدی؛ آذر، عادل؛ دانایی فر،حسن،( 1386)، روش شناسی پژوهش کیفی در مدیریت: رویکردی جامع،تهران: صفار.
2. دلاور؛ علی (1374 ) ، مبانی نظری و عملی پژوهش در علوم انسانی و اجتماعی، تهران: رشد.
3. سرمد؛ زهره، بازرگان؛ عباس، حجازی؛ الهه(1382)، روشهای تحقیق در علوم رفتاری، چاپ هفتم، تهران: آگاه .
4. هانگر، دیوید جی و ویلن، توماس ال. (1381)، مبانی مدیریت استراتژیک، ترجمة سید محمد اعرابی و داود ایزدی،چاپ اول، تهران : دفتر پژوهشهای فرهنگی، صص 67- 61.
5. Arnold, H.J., 1982. Moderator variables: a clarification of conceptual,analytical and psychometric issues. Organizational Behaviour and Human Performance 29, 143–147.
6. Cooper ,Donald R. and Pamela S. Schindler,Business Research Methods,McGraw-Hill,2003.
7. Daft, R.L. (2005) The Leadership Experience, (3rd edn), Thomson- southwestern,Vancouver.
8. Galbraith,C., and D.Schendel,1983,’An Empirical Analysis Of Strategy Types’,Strategic Management Journal 4(April-June),Pgs153-173.
9. Guzman, R.I and Stanton, J.M (2009) “IT occupational culture: the culture fit and commitment of new information technologists”,Information technology and people, 22:2, 157-187.
10. Hofstede, G (2001) Culture’s consequences, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
11. Ishak, I .,Hasnah, H., Daing N. I.& Salmi M. I. (2006), “Service quality, client satisfaction and loyalty towards audit firm”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol 21 Issue 7, p738-756, 19p.
12. McDonald, M. H. B. (1989), "Ten Barriers to Marketing Planning", Journal of Marketing Management, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1-18.
13. McDonald, M. H. B. (1996), "Strategic Marketing Planning: Theory, Practice, & Research Agendas", Journal of Marketing Management, vol. 12, pp. 5-27.
14. Mintzberg, H. (2000), "View from the Top: Henry Mintzberg on Strategy and Management", Academy of Management Review, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 31-42.
15. Pelham, A. M. (1999), "Influence of Environment, Strategy and Market Orientation on Performance in Small Manufacturing Firms", Journal of Business Research, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 33-46.
16. Rhee, M. & Mehra, S. (2006), “Aligning Operations, Marketing, and Competitive Strategies Enhance Performance: An Emprical test in the retail Banking Industry”, Omega, vol 34, pp. 505-515.
17. Silverthorne, C(2004) “ Situational leadership theory in Taiwan: a different culture perspective”, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 21:2.
18. Smith, B.(2004a),”Making Marketing Happen: How Great Medical Companies Make Strategic Marketing Planning Work For Them”,International Journal Of Medical Marketing,vol. 4,no. 2,pp. 129-142.
19. Smith T.M., Reece J.S. The relationship of strategy, productivity, and business performance in a service setting. Journal of Operations Management 1999;17:145-61
20. Venkatraman N. Performance implications of strategic coalignment: a methodological perspective. Journal of Management Studies 1990;27(1):19-41.
21. Walker,O. C.,Boyd,H. W.,Mullins,J. & Larreche,J. C.(2001),’Marketing Strategy:A Decision-Focused Approach’,4th edition,Burr Ridge,IL:Irwin.
22. Xu,S.,Cavusil,S.T. & White,C.(2006),"The Impact Of Strategic Fit Among Strategy, Structure, and Processes on Multinational Corporate Performance: A Mutimethod Assessment",Journal of International Marketing, vol. 14, no. 2,pp. 1-31.
23. Yiing, L.H and Ahmad (2009) “The moderating effects of organizational culture on the relationships between leadership behavior and organizational commitment and between organizational commitment and job satisfaction and performance”,Leathership & Organization Development Journal, 30:1, 53-86.