عنوان مقاله [English]
Studies show that in the today global business environment, the pace of change and uncertainty and competition is growing up. In this environment, those competitors will have a better performance that work together on parts of their value chain. Cooperation between competing companies that so called co-opetition is one of the new business strategies for dealing with the environment uncertainty. This study sought to examine the impact of co-opetition strategy on innovation performance and market performance of companies by considering uncertainty in the market, the intensity of competition and network externalities as moderating variables. This is an applied study, using quantitative approach to test the developed hypotheses. The study population consists of Iranian companies operating in the information technology industry (IT). Data were collected from 180 companies. The hypotheses were tested using structural equation modeling. The results showed that co-opetition has significant positive impact on innovation performance and the performance of the market. Meanwhile, the intensity of competition and the uncertainty in market moderate the relationship between the co-opetition and innovation performance.
1. اسفیدانی، محمدرحیم و محسنین، شهریار. (1393). مدلسازی معادلات ساختاری مبتنی بر رویکرد حداقل مربعات جزیی. تهران: کتاب مهربان.
2. Ahuja, G. (2000). Collaboration networks, structural holes, and innovation: a longitudinal study. Administrative Science Quarterly. 45, 425–455.
3. Alegre, J. and R. Chiva (2008). Assessing the impact of org anizational learning capability on product innovation performance: an empirical test. Technovation, 28, 315–326.
4. Brandenburger, A. M. & Nalebuff, B. J. (2011).Co-opetition. Crown Business.
5. Bengtsson, M. & Kock, S. (2000). Coopetition” in business Networks-to cooperate and compete simultaneously. Industrial marketing management, 29(5), 411-426.
6. Bengtsson, M. & Johansson, M. (2012). Managing coopetition to create opportunities for small firms. International small business journal, 0266242612461288.
7. De Baar, R. (2011). The effect of coopetition on the market value of firms: Do cooperative.
8. Bouncken, R. B. & Kraus, S. (2013). Innovation in knowledge-intensive industries: the double-edged sword of coopetition. Journal of Business Research, 66(10), 2060-2070.eedings of PICMET'11: 1-12.
9. Chen, M. J. (2008). Reconceptualizing the competition-cooperation relationship: A transparadox perspective. Journal of Management Inquiry.
10. Czakon, W. & Rogalski, M. (2014). Coopetition typology revisited–a behavioural approach. International Journal of Business Environment, 6(1), 28-46.
11. Czakon, W. Fernandez, A. S. & Minà, A. (2014). Editorial–From paradox to practice: the rise of coopetition strategies. International Journal of Business Environment, 6(1), 1-10
12. Dagnino, G. B. & Rocco, E. (Eds.). (2009). Coopetition strategy: theory, experiments and cases. Routledge.
13. De Baar, R. (2011). The effect of coopetition on the market value of firms: Do cooperative.
14. Grant, R. M. and C. Baden-Fuller (2004). A knowledge accessing theory of strategic alliances. Journal of Management Studies, 41, 61–84.
15. Garcia, C. Q. & Velasco, C. A. (2002). Co-opetition and performance: evidence from European biotechnology industry. In The European Academy of Management. Second annual conference-innovative research in management, Stockholm [Links].
16. Ginevičius, R. (2010). The effectiveness of cooperation of industrial enterprises. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 11(2), 283-296.
17. Gnyawali, D. R. & Park, B. J. R. (2009). Co‐opetition and technological innovation in small and medium‐sized enterprises: A multilevel conceptual model. Journal of Small Business Management, 47(3), 308-330.
18. Gnyawali, D. R. J. He and R. Madhavan (2008). Coopetition. Promises and challenges. In C. Wankel (ed.), 21st Century Management: A Reference Handbook, 386–398.
19. Jorde, T. M. and D. Teece (1990). Innovation and cooperation: implications for competition and antitrust. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 4, 74–96.
20. Katz, M. L. and C. Shapiro (1986). Technology adoption in the presence of network externalities, Journal of Political Economy, 94, 822–841.
21. Kossyva, D. Sarri, K. & Georgopoulos, N. (2014). Co-opetition: a Business Strategy for Smes in Times of Economic Crisis. South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, 12(1), 89-106.
22. Levy, M. Loebbecke, C. & Powell, P. (2003). SMEs, co-opetition and knowledge sharing: the role of information systems1. European Journal of Information Systems, 12(1), 3-17.
23. Levy, M. Loebbecke, C. & Powell, P. (2003). SMEs, co-opetition and knowledge sharing: the role of information systems1. European Journal of Information Systems, 12(1), 3-17.
24. Le Roy, F., & Sanou, F. H. (2014).Does Coopetition Strategy Improve Market Performance? An Empirical Study in Mobile Phone Industry. Journal of Economics & Management, 17, 64-92.
25. Le Roy, F. & Fernandez, A. S. (2015). Managing Coopetitive Tensions at the Working‐group Level: The Rise of the Coopetitive Project Team. British Journal of Management.
26. Loebecke, C. Van Fenema, P. C. & Powell, P. (1999). Co-opetition and knowledge transfer. ACM SIGMIS Database, 30(2), 14-25.
27. Morris, M. H. A. Kocak and A. O zer (2007). Coopetition as a small business strategy: implications for performance. Journal of Small Business Strategy, 18, 35–55.
28. Park, Byung-Jin Robert (2011). The Effects of Coopetition and Coopetition Capability on Firm Innovation Performance.
29. Rice, J. and P. Galvin (2006). Alliance patterns during industry life cycle emergence: the case of Ericsson and Nokia. Technovation, 26, 384–395.
30. Ritala, P. (2012). Coopetition strategy–when is it successful? Empirical evidence on innovation and market performance. British Journal of Management, 23(3), 307-324.
31.Ritala, P. & Hurmelinna-Laukkanen, P. (2009). What's in it for me? Creating and appropriating value in innovation-related coopetition. Technovation, 29(12), 819-828.
32. Ritala, P. & Sainio, L. M. (2014). Coopetition for radical innovation: technology, market and business-model perspectives. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 26(2), 155-169.
33. Roy, P. and S. Yami (2009). Managing strategic innovation through coopetition. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 8, 61–73.
34. Sun, M. and E. Tse (2009).The resource-based view of competitive advantage in two-sided markets. Journal of Management Studies, 46, 45–64.
35. Tsai, W. (2002). Social structure of “coopetition” within a multiunit organization: Coordination, competition, and intraorganizational knowledge sharing. Organization science, 13(2), 179-190.
36. Walley, K. (2007). Coopetition: an introduction to the subject and an agenda for research. International Studies of Management & Organization, 37(2), 11-31.
37. Zineldin, M. (2014). Co-opetition: the organisation of the future. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 22(7), 780-790.