عنوان مقاله [English]
Present study is an empirical test of the proposition that strategy content is a key determinant of organizational performance. Strategy content comprises two dimensions of strategic stance and strategic actions. Strategic stance is the extent to which a company is prospector, defender or reactor. Strategic action is the relative emphasis on product or service differentiation, low cost production and distribution, focus on a market niche or a combination of the above actions. Data were drawn from a survey of 129 manufacturing companies which have taken part in four seminars held by Isfahan Chamber of commerce, Isfahan mines and industries institute and Isfahan mine and Industry house, in the first three months of year 1389. The statistical results show that strategy content matters. Market share growth is positively associated with a prospector stance and negatively with a defender stance. ROI and profitability are negatively associated with a reactor stance. Furthermore companies which compete with a combination of differentiation and low cost strategic actions outperform their rivals. Also companies offering their products and services to a wide market will experience a better market share growth andoverall performance in comparison to their rivals servicing a market niche.
1. جهانی زاده، فاطمه (1386) . بررسی رابطه بین استراتژیهای رقابتی و ساختار سازمانی در بانکهای ملت و رفاه، پایان نامه کارشناسی ارشد. دانشگاه تهران.
2. مرادی، رضا (1385). بررسی الگوی بهینه دستیابی به مزیت رقابتی در صادرات صنعت کفش و دمپایی، با استفاده از استراتژیهای رقابتی پورتر، پایان نامه کارشناسی ارشد. دانشگاه شهید بهشتی.
3. هانگرجی، دیوید؛ الویلن، توماس(1384). مبانی مدیریت استراتژیک، ترجمة سید محمد اعرابی و داوود ایزدی. تهران: پژوهشهای فرهنگی.
4. Allen, R.S., Helms, M.M.,(2006), "Linking strategic practices and organizational performance to porter's generic strategies" ,Business Process Management Journal,Vol.12, No.4, pp.433-454t
5. Andrews,R., Boyen, G.A., Walker, R.M.(2006), " Strategy content and organizational performance: An empirical analysis", Public Management Review, vol.6, No. 2, pp189-210.
6. Aragon-Sanchez, A., and Sanchez-Marin, G. (2005). Strategic Orientation, Management Characteristics, and Performance: A Study of Spanish SMEs. Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 43. No. 1, 287-308.
7. Boyne, G. A. & Walker, R.M.(2004). Strategy content and public service organizations. Journal of Public Organization Research and TheoryNo.14, pp. 231-252
8. Conant, J.S, Makowa, M.P. and Varadarajan P.R (1990), " Strategy types, distinctive marketing competences and organizational performance: a multiple measures-based study", Strategic Management Journal, Vol.11, pp. 365-383
9. Helms, M.M.,Dibrell, C. and Wright, P.(1997), " Competitive strategies and business performance: evidence from the adhesives and sealants industry", Management Decision, Vol.35, No. 9, pp.689-703
10. Garrigos-Simon FJ, Marques D, Narangajavana Y (2005). “Competitive strategies and performance in Spanish hospitality firms”. Int. J. Cont. Hosp. Manage., Vol. 17, No.1, pp22-38.
11. Meier, j.M., O'ToolerJr,L.J., Boyne,G.A. and Walker, R.M.(2006), "Strategic management and performance of public organizations: Testing venerable ideas against recent theories", JPART, Vol17, pp.357-377
12. Parnell, J.A. and Hershy, L., (2005)," The strategy-performance relationship: the blessing and curse of the combination strategy", IJCM, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 17-29
13. Parnell, J.A.(1992) "The RIC-strategy-performance linkage: an empirical test of catalog and mail-order houses", A Dissertation Presented to the Faculty of the Graduate School Memphis State University, the Requirement of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy,
14. Parnell, J.A., (2000) ," Strategy as a response to organizational uncertainty: an alternative perspective on the strategy –performance relationship", Management decision, Vol. 38, No. 8, pp. 520-530
15. Parnell, J.A., (2008), "Generic Strategies after two decades: a re-conceptualization of competitive strategy", Management Decision,Vol.44, No.8, pp.1139-1154
16. Parnell, J.A., O’Regan, N., &Ghobadian, A. (2006). Measuring performance in competitive strategy research. International Journal of Management & Decision Making, 7, 408‐417.
17. Parnell, J.A.,(2008) Strategic Management: Theory and Practice, third edition. Cincinnati: Cengage.
18. Shaker A. Zahra; John A. Pearce II,(1990), “Determinants of board directors' strategic involvement”, European Management Journal, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp 164-173
19. Slater, S.F and Narver J., C., (1993).“Market Orientation and Customer Service: the Implications For Business Performance” European Advances in Consumer Research Vol 1, Pages 317-321
20. Walsh, P.R and Sanderson, S.M. (2008),"Hybrid strategic thinking in deregulated retail energy markets", International Journal of Energy Sector Management, Vol.2, No.2, pp218-230
21. Yeung ,J.H.Y., Selen, W., Sum C.C. and Huo B., (2006), "Linking financial performance to strategic organization and operational priorities", International Journal of physical distribution and Logistics Management, Vol.36, No.3, pp.210-230