عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of this study is reviews the role of brand value creation in strategic and long-term relationships of supplier and reseller as key elements of network business.In the current competitive maintain and promote the long-term and strategic relationships between elements of distribution channels and supply has become a source of competitive advantage. On the other hand, brand is valuable resource for members of distribution channels. This study investigates the factors of affecting on reseller satisfaction (support provider, brand equity and expected customer) and outcomes of reseller satisfaction (perceived brand performance, trust and commitment to supplier). A total of 98 supermarket’s seller surveys were collected and these were analyzed using partial least squares (PLS). Findings show that supplier support and customers expectation have significant affect on reseller satisfaction. And perceived of brand performance and reseller commitment to brand its outcome of reseller satisfaction.
1. Aaker, D. A. (1999). Managing brand equity: Capitalizing on the value of a brand name. New York: Free Press.
2. Ailawadi, K., & Keller, K. (2004). Understanding retail branding: Conceptual insights and research priorities. Journal of Retailing, 80(4), 331−342.
3. Anderson, J. C., & Gerbing, D. W. (1988). Structural equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach. Psychological Bulletin, 103(3), 411−423.
4. Biong, H. (1993). Satisfaction and loyalty to suppliers within the grocery trade. European Journal of Marketing, 27(7), 31−38.
5. Bloom, P. N. & Perry, V. G. (2001). Retailer power and supplier welfare: the case of Wal-Mart. Journal of Retailing, 77(3), 379-96.
6. Cannon, J. P., & Perreault, W. D., Jr. (1999). Buyer–seller relationships in business markets. Journal of Marketing Research, 36(4), 439−460.
7. Cretu A. E., & Brodie, R. J. (2007). The influence of brand image and company reputation where manufacturers market to small firms: A customer value perspective. Industrial Marketing Management 36, 230 – 240
8. Davies, G. C., & Chun, R. (2002). The use of metaphor in the exploration of the brand concept.
9. De Chernatony, L. & McDonald, M. (1998). Creating Powerful Brands in Consumer. Service and Industrial Markets, 2nd ed., Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
10. Duncan, T., & Moriarty, S. E. (2007). A communication-based marketing model for managing relationships.
11. Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18, 39−50.
12. Glynn, M. (2004). Does the Importance of the Category Influence Retailer Relationship Quality? Paper presented at the 33rd EMAC conference, Murcia, Spain.
13. Glynn, M. (2010). The moderating effect of brand strength in manufacturer–reseller relationships. Industrial Marketing Management 39, 1226–1233
14. Glynn, M. S., Motion, J. & Brodie, R. J. (2007). Sources of Brand Benefits in Manufacturer-Reseller B2B Relationships. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 22(6):400-09.
15. Holmström, J. (1997). Product range management: A case study of supply chain operations in the European grocery industry. Supply Chain Management, 2(3), 107−115.
16. Hoyt, J. & Huq, F. (2000). From arms-length to collaborative relationships in the supply chain. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 30(9), 750-64.
17. Jedidi, K., Mela, C. F., & Gupta, S. (1999). Managing advertising and promotion for long run profitability. Marketing Science, 18(1), 1−22.
18. Johnson, J. L. (1999). Strategic integration in industrial distribution channels: Managing the inter-firm relationship as a strategic asset. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 27(1), 4−18.
19. Keller, K. L. (1998). Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
20. Keller, K. L. (2003). Strategic brand management: Building, measuring, and managing brand equity Upper Saddle River, 2nd ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
21. Keränen, J., Jalkala, A., & Salminen R., (2010). Towards an Integrative Framework of B2B Branding – A Bibliometric Study and Conceptual Analysis. Proposal for a Competitive paper in IMP, conference, Budapest
22. Kumar, N., Scheer, L. K., & Steenkamp, J. B. (1995). The effects of supplier fairness on vulnerable resellers. Journal of Marketing Research, 32(1), 54−65.
23. Lassar, W. M. (1998). Control systems in supplier-retailer relationships and their impact on brand performance. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services.
24. Mendez, J. L., Oubina, J., & Rubio, N. (2008). Expert quality evaluation and price of store vs. manufacturer brands: An analysis of the Spanish mass market. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 15, 144–155
25. Nilsson, J. (1977). Purchasing by Swedish grocery chains. Industrial Marketing Management, 6(5), 317−328.
26. Rust, R. T., Ambler, T., Carpenter, G. S., Kumar, V., & Srivastava, R. (2004). Measuring marketing productivity: Current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Marketing, 68(4), 76−89.
27. Shocker, A. D., Srivastava, R. & Ruekert, R. (1994). Challenges and opportunities facing brand management: an introduction to the Special Issue. Journal of Marketing Research, 31, 149-58.
28. Sosik, J., Kahai Surinder, S. & Piovoso, M. J. (2009). Silver Bullet or Voodoo Statistics? A Primer for Using the Partial Least Squares Data Analytic Technique in Group and Organization Research. Group Organization Management, 34(5).
29. Steiner, R. L. (1993). The inverse association between the margins of manufacturers and retailers. Review of Industrial Organization, 8, 717−740.
30. Verbeke, W., Bagozzi, R. P., & Farris, P. (2006). The role of key account programs, trust, and brand strength on resource allocation in the channel of distribution. European Journal of Marketing, 40(5/6), 502−532.
31. Webster, F. E. (2000). Understanding the relationships among brands, consumers, and resellers. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 28(1), 17−23.
32. Woodside, G., & Ozcan, T. (2009). Customer choices of manufacturer versus retailer brands in alternative price and usage contexts. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 16, 100–108
33. Yoo, B., Donthu, N., & Lee, S. (2000). An examination of selected marketing mix elements and brand equity. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 28(2), 195−211.