1. Barney, J. (1991). Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage. Journal Of Management, 17(1), 99-120.
2. Baumgarth, C. (2010). Living the brand: brand orientation in the business-to-business sector.European Journal of Marketing, 44 (5), 653-671.
3. Bruwer j. (2012). The entrepreneurial mindset profile of South African small medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs) in the Cape Metropole. African Journal of Business Management, 6(15),5383-5388.
4. Chaston, B. Badger, T. Mangles & E. Sadler-Smith (2001). Organizational learning style, competencies and learning systems in small UK manufacturing firms. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 21(11).
5. Chmielewski D. A. (2010). A conceptual exploration of the strategic factors driving new brand entry decisions and their success.Australasian Marketing Journal, 18, 66–73.
6. Chmielewski, D.A, Paladino, A. (2007). Driving a resource orientation: reviewing the role of resource and capability characteristics. Management Decision 45 (3), 462–483.
7. Cohn, T., and R. Lindberg (1972). How Management Is Different in Small Companies. New York: American Management Association.
8. Culkin , N. & D. Smith (2000). An Emotional Business: A Guide to Understanding the Motivations of Small Business Decision Taker. Qualitative Market Research 3(3),145-157.
9. Dalgic, T. (1998). Dissemination of market orientation in Europe: a conceptual and historical evaluation.International Marketing Review, 15( 1), 45-60.
10. Day, G. S. (1994) .The capabilities of market-driven organizations. Journal of Marketing, 58(4), 37-52.
11. De Chernatony, L. (1999). Brand Management Through Narrowing the Gap Between Brand Identity and Brand Reputation.Journal of Marketing Management, 15, 157-179.
12. Deshpande´, R. & Webster, F.E. Jr (1989). Organizational culture and marketing: defining the research agenda.Journal of Marketing, 53, 3-15.
13. Dhliwayo S., Van Vuuren JJ. (2007). The strategic entrepreneurial thinking imperative. Acta Com., 7, 123-134.
14. Doherty, N.F. &Terry, M. (2009). The role of IS capabilities in delivering sustainable improvements to competitive positioning. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 18 (2), 100-116.
15. Fillis, I. (1999). The craft of exporting – the creative entrepreneur in Britain and Ireland. in Hulbert, B., Day, J. and Shaw, E. (Eds), Academy of Marketing/UIC/AMA Symposia on the Marketing and Entrepreneurship Interface, Proceedings 1996-1998, Faculty of Management and Business, Nene University College, Northampton.
16. Fred. R. David (2001). Strategic Management. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 8th Ed
17. Gatignon, H., Xuereb, J-M. (1997). Strategic orientation of the firm and new product performance. Journal of Marketing Research 34, 77–90.
18. Gilmore, A., Carson, D., O’Donnell, A. & Cummins, D. (1999). Added value: a qualitative assessment of SME marketing.Irish Marketing Review, 12( 1), 27-35.
19. Gurol Y, Astan N (2006). Entrepreneurial characteristics among university students: Some insight for entrepreneurship education and training in Turkey.Education + Training 48(1), 25-38.
20. Hankinson, P. (2002). The impact of brand orientation on managerial practice: a quantitative study of the UK’s top 500 fundraising managers. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 7(1), 30-44.
21. Harris L.C. & Ogbonna E. (2001). Leadership style and market orientation: an empirical study.European Journal of Marketing, 35(5/6), 744-764.
22. Holt Douglas B.(2003). Brands and Branding.Harvard Business School.N.9-503-045, March 11.
23. Hunt, Shelby D. &Robert M. Morgan (1995). The Comparative Advantage Theory of Competition.Journal of Marketing, 59, 1–15.
24. Knight, G. (2000). Entrepreneurship and Marketing.Journal of International Marketing, 8 (2), 12-32.
25. Kohli, A.K. & Jaworski, B.J. (1990). Market orientation: the construct, research propositions, and managerial implications.Journal of Marketing, 54(1),1-18.
26. Li, Y., Zhao, Y., Tan, J., & Liu, Y. (2008). Moderating effect of entrepreneurial orientation on market orientation- performance linkage: Evidence from Chinese small firms. Journal of Small Business Management , 46 (1),113-133.
27. Lumpkin, G.T. & Dess, G.G. (1996). Clarifying the entrepreneurial orientation construct and linking it to performance.Academy of Management Review, 21 (1),135-172.
28. McGrath R, MacMillian I (2000). The entrepreneurial mindset: strategies for continuously creating opportunity in an age of uncertainty. Harvard Business Press: Boston.
29. Miles, M.P. & Arnold, D. (1991).The relationship between marketing orientation and entrepreneurial orientation.Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 15 (4), 49-65.
30. Miller, D. & Friesen, P. (1978). Archetypes of strategy formulation, Management Science, 24, 921-933.
31. Mohonen, T. (2013). Brand orientation in the North Karelian SMEs.Master’s Thesis , Service management.
32. Morris Michael H., & Donald L. Sexton (1996). The Concept of Entrepreneurial Intensity: Implications for Company Performance.Journal of Business Research,36, 5-13.
33. Morris, M.H. and Paul, G.W. (1987). The Relationship Between Entrepreneurship and Marketing in Established Firms.Journalof Business Venturing, 2 (3), 247-259.
34. Narver, John C. & Slater, Stanley F. (1990) .The effect of a market orientation on business profitability. Journal of Marketing, 54, 20-35.
35. Nazdrol W. M. & Breen J. & Josiassen A. (2009). The Relationship Between Strategic Orientation and SME Firm Performance: Developing a Conceptual Framework.
36. Neneh N. B. (2012). An exploratory study on entrepreneurial mindset in the small and medium enterprise (SME) sector: A South African perspective on fostering small and medium enterprise (SME) success.African Journal of Business Management, 6(9), 3364-3372 .
37. Scheepers M (2009). Entrepreneurial mindset of information and communication technology firms. South Afri. J. Inf. Manag., 10(4), 2-9.
38. Senges M (2007). Knowledge entrepreneurship in universities: practice and strategy of Internet based innovation appropriation. [WWW document]. URL http://knowledgeentrepreneur.com 29 May, 2010.
39. Sheppard A, Patzelt H, Haynie J (2009). Entrepreneurial Spirals: Deviation-Amplifying Loops of an Entrepreneurial Mindset and Organisational Culture. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.Blackwell Publishing Limited.
40. Soni M. (2010). Building corporate brand orientation through cross-functional integration within marketing. Research submitted to the Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the degree of Master of Business Administration.
41. Torres A M.(2002). Marketing networks as a form of strategic alliance among craft enterprises .International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 7(3), 229–243.
42. Tosti, D.T. and Stotz, R.D. (2001). Building your brand from the inside out.Marketing Management, 10(2), 28-33.
43. Tregear A., (2003). Market orientation and the craftsperson.European Journal of Marketing, 37 (11/12),1621-1635.
44. Urde M. et al (2011). Brand orientation and market orientation — From alternatives to synergy.Journal of Business Research, online, 1-8.
45. Urde, M. (1994). Brand orientation: a strategy for survival. Journal of Consumer Marketing,11(3),18-32.
46. Urde, M. (1999). Brand orientation: a mindset for building brand into strategic resources.Journal of Marketing Management,15 (13),117-33.
47. Vallaster, C. & L. de Chernatony (2005) .Internationalisation of Service Brands: The Role of Leadership During the Internal Branding Process.Journal of Marketing Management, 21(1/2), 181-203.
48. Wade, M. & Hulland, J. (2004). The resource-based view and information systems research: review, extension, and suggestions for future research, MIS Quarterly, 28(1), 107-142.
49. Wong H. Y. &Merrilees B. (2008). The performance benefits of being brand-orientated.Journal of Product & Brand Management 17/6, 372–383.
50. Wong, H.Y. & Merrilees, B. (2005). A brand orientation typology for SMEs: a case research approach.Journal of Product & Brand Management, 14(3), 155-62.
51. Wong, V. and J. Saunders (1993). Business Orientations and Corporate Success.Journal of Strategic Marketing, 1, 20-40.