عنوان مقاله [English]
International exhibitions are as one of the most important introducing channelsfor product and transfer of technology in the world. This study has identified the strategic aspects of exhibition destination attractiveness in Isfahan International Exhibition. Participants in this study include exhibitors and visitors. The scale of exhibition destination attractiveness was applied on them. In this paper, Cronbach's alpha and combined research were used for reliability, and exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis for validity. Results revealed that the Cronbach's alpha coefficient for scale of exhibition destination attractiveness was equal to 0.91. For subscales of facilities, availability, city / host region as a competitive source for exhibitors, economic environment, host city leadership in industry and leisure environment was calculated 0.75, 0.85, 0.79, 0.82, 0.81, and 0.78, respectively. The result of confirmatory factor showed that this scale is a second- order constituent made up of facilities, availability, and city / host region as a competitive source for exhibitors, economic environment, host city leadership in industry and leisure environment.
1. Amujo, O. C., and Otubanjo, O. (2012). Leveraging rebranding of ‘unattractive’nation brands to stimulate post-disaster tourism. Tourist Studies, 12(1): 87-105.
2. Aziz, N., Kefallonitis, E., and Friedman, B. A. (2012). Turkey as a destination brand: Perceptions of United States visitors. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 2(9).
3. Bagozzi, R. P., and Yi, Y. (1988). On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the academy of marketing science, 16(1): 74-94.
4. Berne, C., and Garcia-Uceda, M. E. (2008). Criteria involved in evaluation of trade shows to visit. Industrial Marketing Management, 37(5): 565-579.
5. Braun, E., Kavaratzis, M., and Zenker, S. (2013). My city-my brand: the different roles of residents in place branding. Journal of Place Management and Development, 6(1): 18-28.
6. Cadogan, J. W., Diamantopoulos, A., and De Mortanges, C. P. (1999). A measure of export market orientation: scale development and cross-cultural validation. Journal of International Business Studies: 689-707.
7. Cecilia, S. G. (2008). City Image–As Tourism Destination. Analele Universitatii Din Oredea, 1213.
8. Chan, C. (2005). Exhibition theory and practice. Shenzhen, China: Haitian.
9. Cooper, C., and Jackson, S. (1989). Destination life cycle: The Isle of Man case study. Annals of tourism research, 16(3): 377-398.
10. Cracolici, M. F., and Nijkamp, P. (2009). The attractiveness and competitiveness of tourist destinations: A study of Southern Italian regions. Tourism Management, 30(3): 336-344.
11. Cretu, I. (2011). Destination image and destination branding in transition countries: the Romanian tourism branding campaign'Explore the Carpathian garden (Doctoral dissertation, University of York).
12. Fornell, C., and Larcker, D. F. (1981). Structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error: Algebra and statistics. Journal of marketing research: 382-388.
13. Getz, D. (2008). Event tourism: Definition, evolution, and research. Tourism management, 29(3): 403-428.
14. Ghouchani, F., Khiri Avarvandi, B., and Irannejad Parizi, E. (2015). The Status of Preparedness and the Level of Acceptance of the Development Role of Tourism of Iran. Journal of Strategic Management Studies,24: 97-111.
15. Gras, M. K. (2008). Determining the relationship between destination brand image and its components with intention to visit (Doctoral dissertation, University of North Carolina Wilmington).
16. Haidar Ali, H. (2009). Structural Equation modeling with LISREL application. Tehran: Samt.
17. Hair, J., Black, W., Babin, B., and Anderson, R. (2009). Multivariate data analysis (7th ed.). Prentice Hall.
18. Hedorfer, P., and Todter, N. (2005). The importance of trade fairs and conferences to the German venue. Trade show management: Planning, implementing and controlling of trade shows, conventions and events: 117-127.
19. Iordache, L. P. M. C., Cebuc, I., and Panoiu, L. (2009). The brand–an increasing factor of a tourist destination’s competitiveness. Management and Marketing Journal, 7(1): 151-156.
20. Jayawardena, C. (2002). Mastering Caribbean tourism. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 14(2): 88-93.
21. Jin, X. (2010). Exhibition brand preference in mainland China: the role of relationship quality and destination attractiveness (Doctoral dissertation, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University).
22. Jin, X., Weber, K., and Bauer, T. (2012). Dimensions and perceptional differences of exhibition destination attractiveness: The case of China. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research.
23. Karavazaki, S. (2013). Visible Cities: The Role of Place Branding for a Sustainable Urban Development in European Cities at a Time of Crisis: A Case Study. Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden, 141: 41- 30.
24. Kavaratzis, M., and Hatch, M. J. (2013). The dynamics of place brands an identity-based approach to place branding theory. Marketing theory, 13(1): 69-86.
25. Kim, S. H., Han, H. S., Holland, S., and Byon, K. K. (2009). Structural relationships among involvement, destination brand equity, satisfaction and destination visit intentions: The case of Japanese outbound travelers. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 15(4): 349-365.
26. Luo, S. J., and Hsieh, L. Y. (2013). Reconstructing revisit intention scale in tourism. Journal of Applied Sciences, 13(18): 3638.
27. Mazurek, M. (2008). Tourist Destination Branding: A Competitive Marketing Strategy–Does it really matter? A case study of Kremnica, Slovakia. In Proceedings of the 4th Graduate Student Research Symposium: 31-41.
28. Merrilees, B., Miller, D., and Herington, C. (2009). Antecedents of residents' city brand attitudes. Journal of Business Research, 62(3): 362-367.
29. Mikulić, J., Krešić, D., Miličević, K., Šerić, M., and Ćurković, B. (2015). Destination Attractiveness Drivers among Urban Hostel Tourists: An Analysis of Frustrators and Delighters. International Journal of Tourism Research, 18(1): 74-81.
30. Murphy, L., Benckendorff, P., and Moscardo, G. (2007). Linking travel motivation, tourist self-image and destination brand personality. Journal of travel & tourism marketing, 22(2): 45-59.
31. Mussalam, G. Q., and Tajeddini, K. (2016). Tourism in Switzerland: How perceptions of place attributes for short and long holiday can influence destination choice. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 26: 18-26.
32. Pritchard, M. P., and Howard, D. R. (1997). The loyal traveler: Examining a typology of service patronage. Journal of Travel Research, 35(4): 2-10.
33. Qiu, S., Li, M., So, S. I., and Lehto, X. (2015). Competitiveness of Macau in Developing the Exhibition Sector: Can Gaming Industry Contribute? Journal of China Tourism Research, 11(3): 278-296.
34. Quinlan, T. (2008). A stakeholder approach to the branding of Urban Tourism Destinations (Doctoral dissertation, Waterford Institute of Technology).
35. Rubalcaba-Bermejo, L., and Cuadrado-Roura, J. R. (1995). Urban hierarchies and territorial competition in Europe: exploring the role of fairs and exhibitions. Urban studies, 32(2): 379-400.
36. Rubalcaba-Bermejo, L., and Cuadrado-Roura, J. R. (1995). Urban hierarchies and territorial competition in Europe: exploring the role of fairs and exhibitions. Urban studies, 32(2): 379-400.
37. Saida ardakani, S., tabatabaienasab, S. M., and Vahdat Mehraban, S. (2013). Identification and ranking of influencing factors on the attractiveness of tourism destinations using TOPSIS method. 2nd International Conference on Management Entrepreneurship Development.
38. Sarmento, M., Simões, C., and Farhangmehr, M. (2015). Applying a relationship marketing perspective to B2B trade fairs: The role of socialization episodes. Industrial marketing management, 44: 131-141.
39. Seifolddini, F., Shabani Fard, M., Hosseini, A., and Rashidi, M. (2010) Measuring Quality and Capacity of Urban Tourism, Considering the Host and Tourist Society in Isfahan City. Journal of Human Geography Research, 42(71): 67-87.
40. Tan, A. J. (2008). Destination Branding: Creating a Destination of Choice. Perspectives in Asian Leisure and Tourism, 1(1): 5.
41. Tasci, A. D., and Kozak, M. (2006). Destination brands vs destination images: Do we know what we mean? Journal of Vacation Marketing, 12(4): 299-317.
42. Ulrich, A. (2005). Strategic market analysis as a trade fair organization task. Trade show management: Planning, implementing and controlling of trade shows, conventions and events: 251-273.
43. Vahdat Mehraban, S. (2013). Measuring the attractiveness of tourist attractions and assessing the competitiveness of tourism destinations (MA dissertation, Yazd University).
44. Verma, J. P. (2013). Data analysis in management with SPSS software. Springer Science & Business Media.
45. Weber, K., and Ladkin, A. (2011). Career identity and its relation to career anchors and career satisfaction: The case of convention and exhibition industry professionals in Asia. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 16(2): 167-182.
46. Yuksel, A., Yuksel, F., and Bilim, Y. (2010). Destination attachment: Effects on customer satisfaction and cognitive, affective and conative loyalty. Tourism Management, 31(2): 274-284.
47. Zenker, S., and Braun, E. (2010). Branding a city–a conceptual approach for place branding and place brand management. In 39th European Marketing Academy Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark: 1-4.