عنوان مقاله [English]
Changes and uncertainty in the business environment are transforming their competitive environment and organizations need to focus on innovation to succeed. The main purpose of this study was to analyze the impact of learning orientation on strategic innovation. It also examines what role innovative organizational climate plays in strengthening or weakening this relationship. The research approach is deductive and its strategy is correlation research. The statistical population of the present study is Iranian knowledge-based companies participating in the 8th International Exhibition of Innovation and Technology in 2019. Accordingly, after reviewing the literature and designing the conceptual model, a questionnaire consisting of 23 questions was presented to a statistical sample of 140 companies. At least 2 senior executives from each company answered the questions, and their mean scores were analyzed. Face and content validity of the questionnaire was verified according to experts, using standard questionnaires and relying on confirmatory factor analysis. As well as, reliability was approved by the Cronbach's alpha test, composite reliability. Then, the data were analyzed and tested using Smart PLS software through the correlation matrix, the structural equation model and the fitness analysis. Finally, learning orientation was found to influence strategic innovation. Organizational innovation also plays a moderating role in the relationship between learning orientation and strategic innovation.
10. Hammarfjord, M. O., & Roxenhall, T. (2017). The relationships between network commitment, antecedents, and innovation in strategic innovation networks. International Journal of Innovation Management, 21(04), 1750037.
11. Hulland, J. (1999). Use of partial least squares (PLS) in strategic management research: A review of four recent studies. Strategic management journal, 20(2), 195-204.
12. Jimenez-Jimenez, D., Sanz Valle, R., & Hernandez-Espallardo, M. (2008). Fostering innovation: the role of market orientation and organizational learning. European Journal of innovation management, 11(3), 389-412.
13. Keshab, D., & Joseph, K. J. (2018). On learning, innovation and competence building in India’s SMEs: the challenges ahead. In The Promise of Small and Medium Enterprises, 121-160. (Routledge India)
14. Khalilnezhad, S., & Daneshvar, M. (2017). The effect of knowledge-based culture on strategic innovation with regard to knowledge absorptive capacity and strategic flexibility. Journal of Strategic Management Studies, 8(30), 43-63.
15. Kmieciak, R., Michna, A., & Meczynska, A. (2012). Innovativeness, empowerment and IT capability: evidence from SMEs. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 112(5), 707-728.
16. Lin, C. H., Peng, C. H., & Kao, D. T. (2008). The innovativeness effect of market orientation and learning orientation on business performance. International journal of manpower, 29(8), 752-772.
17. Liu, C. H. (2017). Creating competitive advantage: Linking perspectives of organization learning, innovation behavior and intellectual capital. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 66, 13-23.
18. Magni, M., Palmi, P., & Salvemini, S. (2018). Under pressure! Team innovative climate and individual attitudes in shaping individual improvisation. European Management Journal, 36(4), 474-484.
19. Mobini Dehkordi, A., Davari A., & Ahmadi, S. (2015). Learning processes as the driving force behind strategic innovation (case study: research centers of iran’s oil industry). Human Resource Management in Oil Industry. 7(25), 29-46. (In Persian)
20. Nasution, H. N., Mavondo, F. T., Matanda, M. J., & Ndubisi, N. O. (2011). Entrepreneurship: Its relationship with market orientation and learning orientation and as antecedents to innovation and customer value. Industrial marketing management, 40(3), 336-345.
21. Naeiji, M., Alem Najafi, S., & Nourani, S. (2018). The impact of strategic orientation on smes growth, the mediator role of brand performance and market performance. Journal of Strategic Management Studies, 9(33), 45-74. (In Persian)
22. Oke, A., Prajogo, D.I., & Jayaram, J. (2013). Strengthening the innovation chain: the role of internal innovation climate and strategic relationships with supply chain partners. Supply Chain Management. 49(4), 43–58.
23. Oktavio, A., Kaihatu, T. S., & Kartika, E. W. (2019). Learning Orientation, Entrepreneurial Orientation, Innovation and Their Impacts on New Hotel Performance: Evidence from Surabaya.
24. Popa, S., Soto-Acosta, P., & Martinez-Conesa, I. (2017). Antecedents, moderators, and outcomes of innovation climate and open innovation: An empirical study in SMEs, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 1-9.
25. Rasooli, R. (2014). Investigating the interventionist role of organizational atmosphere in promoting management innovation in payam noor university. Quarterly Journal of Public Organzations Management, 2(2), 26-50. (In Persian)
26. Ren, F., & Zhang, J. (2015). Job stressors, organizational innovation climate, and employees’ innovative behavior. Creativity Research Journal, 27(1), 16-23.
Shanker, R., Bhanugopan, R., Van der Heijden, B. I., & Farrell, M. (2017). Organizational climate for innovation and organizational performance: The mediating effect of innovative work behavior. Journal of vocational behavior, 100,
28. Shahdousti, M., & Karimi, S. (2018). Studying the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and organizational performance in Agriculture Jahad Organization of Hamedan Province: The mediating role of learning orientation and organizational learning, Journal of Entrepreneurship in Agriculture, 5(3), 67-80. Spithoven, A., Vanhaverbeke, W., Roijakkers, N., (2013). Open innovation practices in SMEs and large enterprises.Small Business Economics. 41(3), 537–562.
29. Shahsiyah, N., Nazarpouri, A., Hakkak, M., & Vahdati, H. (2019). Identifying concepts, causes, and consequences of strategic learning. Journal of Strategic Management Studies, 10(38), 123-150. (In Persian)
30. Tayebi Abolhasani, A., Hajipour, B., & Motameni, A. (2018). Determine the most important features of successful knowledge-based companies in Iran. ORMR. 8(1), 113-131.
31. Vale, G. L., Carr, K., Dean, L. G., & Kendal, R. L. (2017). The cultural capacity of human and nonhuman primates: social learning, innovation, and cumulative culture. Academic Press.
32. Vera, D., Nemanich, L., Vélez-Castrillón, S., & Werner, S. (2016). Knowledge-based and contextual factors associated with R&D teams’ improvisation capability. Journal of Management, 42(7), 1874-1903.
33. Varadarajan, R. (2018). Innovation, innovation strategy, and strategic innovation: in innovation and strategy. Published online, 143-166.
34. Wong, T. C., Wong, S. Y., & Chin, K. S. (2011). A neural network-based approach of quantifying relative importance among various determinants toward organizational innovation. Expert systems with Applications, 38(10), 13064-13072.
35. Zayed, A., & Alawad, N. (2017). The relationship between market, learning orientation, innovation and business performance of Egyptian sme’s. The Business and Management Review, 8(5), 150-162.
36. Zahed Babolan, A., Seyedkalan, M. (2015). The impact of perceived organizational innovative climate on Student teachers' creative self-efficacy and innovative behaviors using structural equation modeling. 3, 4 (1), 103-125.