عنوان مقاله [English]
Due to the direct effect of employees' performance on the goal attainment of organizations, it's very crucial to investigate the factors that affect employees' performance. Role of leaders always has been discussed as one of the most influential factors on employees and their job attitudes and different leadership styles have been studied in this context. This paper investigates the role of strategic leadership, as a leadership style on employee empowerment, affective commitment and job performance of University of Guilan's employees. We investigated 160 employees and found that strategic leadership has a positive impact on both empowerment and job performance as well job empowerment and affective commitment have positive impacts on job performance. The effect of strategic leadership on affective commitment is not supported.
1. ساعتچی، محمود؛ کامکاری، کامبیز و عسگریان، مهناز (1389). آزمونهای روانشناختی. نشر ویرایش.
2. Allen, N. J. & Meyer, J. P. (1990). The measurement and antecedents of affective, continuance, and normative commitment to the organization. Journal of Occupational Psychology, 63, 1–18.
3. Beck, K. & Wilson, C. (2000). Development of affective organizational commitment: A crosssequential examination of change with tenure. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 56(1), 114–136.
4. Biswas, S. (2011). Psychological Climate and Affective Commitment as Antecedents of Salespersons’ Job Involvement. Journal of Management Insight, 7(2), 123-144.
5. Bowen, B. & Lawler, E. (1992). the empowerment of service workers: what, why, how and when? sloan managenent review, 33(31-39).
6. Brymer, R. A. (1991). Employee empowerment, a guest-driven leadership strategy. The Cornell Quarterly, 32, 56-58.
7. Detelin S. Dlenkov, W. J. & Peter, W. (2005). Strategic leadership and executive innovation influence: an international multi-cluster comparative study. Strategic Management Journal strat. mgmt. j, 26, 665–682.
8. Fernandez, S. & Moldogaziev, T. (2013). Employee Empowerment, Employee Attitudes, and Performance: Testing a Causal Model. Public Administration Review, 13(3), 490–506.
9. Gibson, C. (1991). a concept analysis of empowerment. journal of advanced nurcing, 16(354-361).
10. Griffiths, G. H. & Finlay, P. N. (2004). IS-enabled sustainable competitive advantage in financial services, retailing and manufacturing. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 13 29–59.
11. Guillot, M. (2003). Strategic Leadership: Defining the Challenge. Air & Space Power Journal, 67-75.
12. Hair, J. F. Anaderson. R. E. Tatham. R, L; & Black. W, C; (1998). multivariate data analysis. prentice hall, London.
13. Hambrick, D. Cannella, A. A. & Pettigrew, A. (2001). Upper Echelons: Donal Hambrick on Excecutives and strategy [And commentary]. Academy of management Executive, 15(3), 36-44.
14. Hardy, C. & Leiba-O'Sullivan, S. (1998). The power behind empowerment: implications for research and practice. Human Relations, 51, 451-483.
15. Hayes, B. E. (1994). How to measure empowerment. Quality progress, 41-46.
16. Hitt, M. A. Ireland, R. D. & Hoskisson, R.E. (2007). Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization, 7th edition. Ohio: Thomson/South Western.
17. Jooste, C. & Fourie, B. (2009). The role of strategic leadership in effective strategy implementation: Perceptions of South African strategic leaders... South African Business Review, 13(3), 51-68...
18. Ke, W. & Zhang, P. (2010). Effects of empowerment on performance in open-source software projects. IEEE T. Eng. Manage, 58(2), 334-346.
19. Kıyak, M. Tuba, B. Pınar, G. & Esra, A. (2001). Strategic Leadership Styles and Organizational Financial Performance: A Qualitative Study on Private Hospitals. 7th International Strategic Management Conference, 2001.
20. Lenkov, D. S. Judge, W. & Wright, P. (2005). Strategic leadership and executive innovation influence: an international multi-cluster comparative study. Strategic Management Journal 26, 665–682.
21. Luchak, A. A, & Gellatly, I. R. (2007). A comparison of linear and nonlinear relations between organizational commitment and work outcomes. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92(3), 786-793.
22. Meyer, J. P, & Allen, N. J. (2004). TCM employment comitment survey: academic users guide 2004. london, canada: the university of western ontario.
23. Meyer, J. P. & Allen, N. J. (1991). A three-component conceptualisation of organizational commitment... Human Resource Management Review, 1, 61-89.
24. Meyer, J. P. Stanley, D. J, Herscovitch, L, & Topolnytsky, L; (2002). Affective, continuance, and normative commitment to the organization: A meta-analysis of antecedents, correlates, and consequences. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 61(1), 20-52.
25. Meyer, J. & Allen, N. (1997). Commitment in the workplace... Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
26. Mowday, R. T, Porter, L. W. & Steers, R. M. (1982). Employee-organization linkages: The psychology of commitment, absenteeism, and turnover. London: Academic Press.
27. Niehoff, B. P. Moorman, R. H. Blakely, G. L. & Fuller, J. B. (2001). The Influence of Empowerment and Job Enrichment on Employee Loyalty in a Downsizing Environment. Group & Organization Management, 26(1), 93-113.
28. O’Reilly, C. & Chatman, J. (1986). Organizational commitment and psychological attachment: the effects of compliance, identification and internalization on pro-social behaviour. Journal of Applied Psychology, 71, 492-499.
29. Porter, L. W. Steers, R. Mowday, R. & Boulian, P. (1974). Organizational commitment, job satisfaction and turnover among psychiatric technicians. Journal of Applied Psychology, 59, 603-609.
30. Reed, G. E. (2006). Leadership and Systems Thinking. Defense AT&L 35, no. 3 10-13.
31. Rodwell, C. M. (1996). an analysis of concept of empowerment. Journal of advanced nurcing, 23(2), 305-313.
32. Shaban, H. S. (2010). Antecedents and Consequences of Employees Empowerment. Management Review: An International Journal, 5(1).
33. Spector, P. E. (1986). Perceived control by employees: A meta-analysis of studies concerning autonomy and participation at work. Human Relations, 39, 1005-1016.
34. Spreitzer, G. & Doneson, D. (2005). Musings on the past and future of employee Empowerment. In Cummings, T. (Ed). Handbook of organizational development (Chapter 17). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
35. Spreitzer, G. M. (1996). Social structural characteristics of psychological empowerment. Academy of Management Journal, 39(2), 483-504.
36. Suliman, A. & Iles, P. (2000). Is continuance commitment beneficial to organizations? Commitment-performance relationship: a new look. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 15(5), 407 – 422.
37. Suminen, T. (2005). Work empowerment as experienced by head nurses. Journal of Nursing Management, 13, 147-153.
38. Tzafirir, S. (2004). The consequences of emerging HRM practices, trust in their managers. Journal of Personnel Review, 33, 624-647.
39. www.kenblanchard.com, Leadership Profit Chain:The Ken Blanchard Companies. (2009). 1.