عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this research is to analyze the strategic positioning adopted by Nowdar Company and to identify the main factors which might have a significant influence on the adoption of physical and perceptual positioning strategies by a firm. Data were collected by distributing a questionnaire among Nowdar Company personnel. The paper considers six firm-specific characteristics which can be associated with the adoption of physical and perceptual positioning strategies which include: technical characteristics, physical characteristics, objective criteria, paying attention to customers’ needs, perceptual characteristics, and subjective criteria. Results show that there is a positive association between technical characteristics and physical positioning, a positive association between subjective criteria and perceptual positioning, a significant relationship between physical positioning and strategic positioning, and a significant relationship between perceptual positioning and strategic positioning.
8. A Ries, J Trout - Journal of Consumer Marketing, 1986 - emeraldinsight.com
9. EE Ibrahim, J Gill - Marketing intelligence & planning, 2003 - emeraldinsight.com
10. Jin Kim, Jaeki, S., Chulmo, K. (2008), " Exploring the effect of strategic positioning on firm performance in the e-business context", International Journal of Information Management, 28, 203–214
11. Porter, M. (1996), “What is Strategy”, H.B.R., pp. 61-78.
12. Porter, M. E. (1979), “How competitive forces shape strategy. Harvard Business Review”, 57(March/April), pp. 137–156.
13. Porter, M.E. (1985), “Competitive advantage: Creating and sustaining superior performance”, New York: Free Press.
14. Xie, Yu Henry, Hongxin Zhao, Qian Xie, and Mark Arnold. (2010). “On the Antecedents of Foreign Firms’ Strategic Positioning in a Host Market: A ‘Strategy Tripod’ Perspective.” International Business Review, Vol. 20, No.4, 477-490.